Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

3 fun facts of NZ

Hi my little Pupkits,
Today I am doing to do the summer learning journey if you don't know what summer learning journey is, it is when in the holidays you do a task in the holidays and post it on your blog.

So in today's blog post I am going to tell you 3 fun fact about New Zealand ( NZ).

1. Did you know that NZ has been made out of the shape of a stingray by Maui because he had his grandmothers hook and then he fished up the South end of NZ.
Image result for stingray

2.  Did you know that the sun used to go really fast so then Maui and his brothers travelled to the pit of where the sun riced they had to pull the sun down with there ropes and Maui said a karakia and then that made the sun go slower and that's the sun that we have today.
Related image

3.  Did you know that Maui wanted to go fishing but his big brothers didn't let him go so then Maui sunk into the boat/ canoe and then Maui got a big fish and it was another part of  NZ in other words a small stingray.
Image result for stingray

I hope you have enjoyed reading.
See you later

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mandita,

    Congratulations on completing your very first blog post for this years Summer Learning Journey. I am so excited so see all the blog posts rolling it, but it is quite overwhelming as the Ako Hiko cluster has completed about 140 activities so far! Isn't that crazy.

    What an incredible start you have made sharing three fascinating facts about Maui, the famous demigod. I didn't learn much about Maui while I was at school so you taught me a lot in your three facts. I like the fact about how Maui slowed the sun with the help of his brothers. With their hard work we can now enjoy longer days and soak up the sunshine. This gives us time to do all the things we love outside, especially over the summer time.

    Did you do an activity off the downloadable document of the programme, or did you get this activity off the Summer Learning Journey website? If you read the activity on the website then remember to read the question properly as it asked you to read the facts on the Tourism NZ Website. I absolutely loved your activity though and it looks like you put a lot of effort into your post.

    I cannot wait to see more awesome activities from you over the summer. Keep up the awesome work Mandita.

    I hope you are enjoying your holidays,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandita,

    Fehi here so its been so long since I've seen you and I really enjoyed your blog post and keep going with your positive and helpful work. Maybe next time you could try added really cool sound affects to make it feel like we were there.
    If you want to see my blog visit hpsfehit.blogspot.co.nz
    Hope to see you there

    Fehi

    ReplyDelete